Hurricane season in Texas is a time for planning a quick getaway. This is the time of year that calls for some advance preparation. You never know when you may have to leave town quickly.
I have a list of important items to pack into the van, just in case. Among the items listed is a clear bin that houses our birth certificates, passports, important papers and insurance documents. On this list is also a big green bin which houses all of our photo albums from our years spent at Walt Disney World together.
Looking through all the pictures we’ve accumulated through the years reminds me of such wonderful memories. I started thinking about why we began taking our family to Walt Disney World in the first place, and why we kept the tradition alive year after year.
I remember the times we could not afford to eat in the parks and took our lunches and snacks in our backpacks. Still, we were there and that was all that mattered. We saved our vacation time from work each year so we could share that magical time together. We have made treasured memories at our Happy Place and it has closely knit our family together with threads of Disney memories that I know will last a lifetime.
I became an agent with an Authorized Disney Travel Agency because of my resolve to try to help every family visit this magical place at least once. Sometimes it takes some creativity for families to pull it off and each year it gets more expensive. I realize that. But today I want to share my top 8 reasons you should be planning a trip with your family.
Here are my Top 8 Reasons:
- Time is ticking: There is utter truth in the phrase “time passes way too fast.” Don’t take one second for granted when your kids are young. Trust me, they will be grown in the blink of an eye! While you are waiting on “maybe next year” your time “this year” is lost. There will come a time, sooner than you think, when your children will have lives of their own and this valuable time will be gone.
- Sharing is caring: Sharing special time with the kids is what they will remember throughout their lives. And, trust me, there is no place more special than Walt Disney World. Families on vacation tend to spend quality time together; talking, laughing and enjoying new fun experiences. And don’t forget, the family that plays together stays together.
- Nothing to do but what you want: Can you remember a time when your schedule was truly your own? When you are on vacation, no one will have to rush to practice, a game, dance class, etc. Your time on vacation is spent on whatever you want to do without life pulling you in a million different directions. When is the last time your family had dinner all together at the same time? If it has been a while, a vacation is a great time to rebuild that family relationship.
- Unplug and get away from it all: Getting away from technology for a little while helps everyone to focus on what’s most important. In my opinion, this is relationships. Some children have not yet learned the value of a close-knit family that needs only rely on their relationship with one another to enrich their lives. A vacation is the perfect time to really get to know one another, and what a blessing that is.
- Open your mind to new things: Travel is an excellent learning tool for kids. Nearly every vacation activity involves teachable moments. For instance, at Epcot children can learn about different cultures, foods, history, climate and much more. They will actually be able to meet people from other countries and have exposure to accents and personality traits specific to their regions. At the Animal Kingdom they can see animals in their own natural habitat and learn about the environment up close and personal. There are many opportunities in which to learn, and it is much more fun to learn things hands-on than by doing homework.
- You deserve a vacation: Life is hard nowadays; many people work too much and play too little. One of the most important reasons to take a vacation is simply for rest and relaxation. Have you heard of it? Have you experienced it lately? If not, experience it again soon.
- Yesses are in abundance: At Disney, everyone can be a kid and no one cares. Seeing the smiles on the faces of my children are fuel for my life. Walt Disney World is the only place we ever let our kids eat dessert before their dinner and yesses were in abundance. Here are some examples: “Mom, can we ride Haunted Mansion next?” YES. “Mom, can we get a double-decker ice cream in a cone for a snack today?” YES. “Mom, can we come again next year?” YES. Let’s be honest, how many times a day do you get to say YES at home?
- Being surrounded by Disney: The best reason to visit Walt Disney World is simply being exposed to the magic that is Disney. I believe in the Disney philosophy of every visitor being a guest. People are even nicer and clearly happier when they are at WDW. They are not fighting the clock, deadlines, gridlock and all the things that get us down. It is wonderful to carry on conversations with nice, happy people from all over the world.
Walt Disney opened this world up to us to enjoy and share with family. I know it has brought an abundance of happiness to mine.
I sure hope you will seriously consider these 8 great reasons to plan a Disney vacation for your family. I would love to help you plan the perfect getaway, or just hear your comments on what your family Disney vacations have meant to you.
Want help with planning your trip this year? Contact me anytime at Brenda@pixievacations.com.